Sunday, November 26, 2006

Important questions the day after

So the day after the State election in Victoria, we can all settle down to life as normal. The ALP won again, the Libs didn't get the swing they wanted and the Nats complained generally about the lot of country Victoria. After watching the coverage last night at a friend's gathering I do however have the following questions:

What is with the Premier's tie? And what is Terry Bracks wearing? It is hard to see here but it was most unflattering and she is normally quite stylish. It had horizontal rings of white and red around the lower arms making her look quite lopsided.


Has Robyn Baillieu had botox? She is on the left and her daughters Eleanor and Martha who are aged 12 and 16 respectively are to the left of Ted. Surely that cannot be her natural forehead.


Is it possible to take a good photo of the Nationals Leader Peter Ryan? I don't think so.

As for me I saw the Man last night but no time to talk so issues are not resolved. That is OK. He was going to come over but missed me. I called him up later and spoke to him for about 10 minutes, usual chit-chat and how he is particularly stressed at work and has been working silly hours at the moment on a very big project that has gone wrong in a number of ways. I didn't want to discuss issues over the phone so I will just have to be patient. In the meantime I have Eloise and my new shoes.

10 comments:

Snoskred said...

1. Yes the Premier's tie is a thing of great evil ;)

2. I don't know what Terry Bracks is wearing but it seems like something she may have knitted herself and quite inappropriate! Everyone knows that pollies wives are supposed to wear the power suit.

3. Yes, it seems she has indulged in botox. Well, when you have a forehead that big.. :) And it looks like her poor daughters have been passed the Large Forehead curse. Can anyone say fringe?

redcap said...

I suspect that Terry and Steve have both dressed in things that came out of Christmas crackers. Steve obviously put his tie together from candy canes. And is Terry's bra visible, or is that (shudder) a camisole? Inexcusable.

As for Robyn Baillieu, Houston, I believe we have botox. That woman needs a haircut with some little fringey bits. Her forehead is terrifying!

And Peter Ryan looks like someone just punched him in the mouth. I'd be looking at that shifty, bearded guy in the background.

Ms Batville said...

Indeed. And we pretend to have the fashion capital of Australia.

Terry Bracks must stop with those Saba family connections (which obviously don't work) and go have a chat to the nice ladies in DJs. Some Perri Cutten, a bit of Anthea Crawford or even some Carla Zampatti ($$$) might do the trick.

I think the Libs need a new fringe strategy for the next election. 4 years should be enough time for the botox to wear off. Otherwise Ted could just swap around between the missus and the the LFCD (large forehead cursed daughters) for photo ops - no one will be able to tell the difference.

As for Peter Ryan, I challenge you to find a photo, just one, where he doesn't look like he has just been punched in the mouth. Maybe he got hit by an errant udder whilst milking and the wind changed and he stayed like that.

M said...

how BIG is steve bracks' arm span? oh boy.

Personally I'd like to see someone wearing a wacky bow tie next time. The bow tie has been marginalised for too long!

Anonymous said...

No 1 Bracks son will be a bit of alright in a few years.

And bowties, m? The only good bowtie is a spinning bowtie.

gigglewick said...

Have to say, I think Terry
Bracks is ace. In the battle of political spouses (coming soon to Fox 8), she wins hands down, regardless of her clothing on election night.

Snoskred: I have a large forehead. Fringes are not the answer. SWEARS.

M - bowties are to be avoided at all costs. "Nutty professor" generally a look to be avoided.

The less said about Peter Ryan the better.

obtuse-a said...

working silly hours on a project...
hmmmn hmmmn

i think i know what that means. and you may want to wear your pointiest stillettos

Ms Batville said...

Well, obtuse-a I always welcome a chance to wear my stillettos. I do however work in the same industry and I know from other sources that he has working all-nighters and generally impressing everyone with work ethic whilst things fall apart.

So I guess I will just have to wear my shoes to dinner with him instead.

Mech Minx said...

i notice one of the daughters is wearing a thing over her dress but the other isn't?

Anonymous said...

Although I agree that the photograph of the Baillieu Family is not fantastic and Robyn's forehead does look on the large side in it, I can guarantee you she has not had botox. Robyn is a very healthy woman and would never dream of injecting a poison into her face to still her features. She is just fortunate to have good skin, and her daughters do not have large forheads. The photo is just obscured.

2. Mech Minx--> So what if Eleanor is wearing a 'thing' over her dress, and Martha isn't? What's your point?

3. I think the way Terry has dressed was entirley appropriate, and if you sad immature people have nothing better to than sit on your asses all day and bitch onlinie about people you don't even know, then go get fucked.