Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bah bloody humbug

Am frantically busy and have been neglecting the blogosphere. Work is taking up plenty o'time. Things with The Man are good but I had forgotten how much time dating takes up. The house is a mess, I still need to buy Christmas presents and instead of attending to either of those things I am stuck going to more damn Christmas parties.

Is it just me or does the Christmas season get more frantic and oppressive each year? I am so sick of drinking cheap wine and making small talk over stale cheese. I normally like the people I attend these parties with but this year I have had enough. I don't know how I will force out a smile when all I really want to do is have a nap. I think I need to have a pre-Christmas holiday somewhere where I don't have to be nice to anyone.

Will write more soon but need to put in a monster day at work to meet all my overdue deadlines. My test of when I am too busy is when I contemplate running down to a department store at lunch to buy undies because I haven't had enough time to do a wash. I am getting scarily close to that point in time. AAARRRGGHHH!!!

Hope you are surviving the silly season.

PS - Did not realise until after I posted that I may appear to have plagarised this post title from redcap. Pure coincidence although her post is far funnier and worth reading than my whinge above.

19 comments:

Ariel said...

I don't know if this counts as a nugget of wisdom - but nice to see you back!

meva said...

Your posts are ALWAYS worth reading, MsB.

I hope things calm down for you soon.

Food Kitty said...

I cope with Christmas by going to my favourite bookshop and buying lots of books as pressies. Then, when no-one is watching, I forget they are presents and read them. After all, the author will be pleased with the royalty when I have to buy another as a replacement gift.

Sebastian Faulks, here I come...

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that things are going well with the man.

I have survived one Christmas party. I only have to get through one more. Wish me luck.

And, just in case neither one of us manages to post anything else in the next week, I hope you have a most wonderful Christmas.

redcap said...

Ha, don't be silly, Ms B. Hope you haven't run out of dacks yet.

redcap said...

Oh, hurrah! I must be out of Blogger pergatory! I'm allowed to comment again!

John said...

Have I ever posted here before? Anyway, we have many blogs in common and I've been reading for a while. keep it up.

audrey said...

I too am over the Christmas cheer. For some reason I feel particularly frazzled this year. Shopping has never been so unfun.

I'm not Craig said...

Happy New year and please blog again soon, we miss you.

Ariel said...

What he said!

Anonymous said...

Hey MS Batville,

Awesome Blog!

I just added to my favourite Aussie blogs along with:

Much Ado about Sumthin!,
and

Renovate Your Life with
Craig


Glad I found you!

Kate.

meva said...

Ms B, congratulations on being nominated for Best New Blog by Audrey. Well deserved, indeed!

redcap said...

Come back, Ms B!

meva said...

Where has Ms B gone? Should we worry?

Watershedd said...

I agree. Ms B., I miss your witty lines. Please come back.

Watershedd said...

Helloooooooo........????????

Anonymous said...

To follow on a well documented theme...

PUT THAT BOY DOWN AND START BLOGGING AGAIN! Really, you've had six uninterupted weeks of boy-bliss (or at least I hope so) and now it is time to get back to the rest of us and start talking again.

HURRY....
P.S. INC and Watershed agree with me!

M said...

hulloooooo! come out, come out wherever you are :)

Ms Batville said...

Hi all. I'm baaccck and almost better than ever. Thanks for your comments. Promise to blog more soon and looking forward to reading yours.